Wednesday, October 28, 2009

HARRY - MY BUDDY


To push away my idleness Harry Potter– a 11 year old boy came to my life. He made a positive transformation on me. He made me engaged, he made me travel into a wizarding world. At night, when I had nothing to think, he came into my imagination. I used to recollect the incidents which happened in his school and how he over comed it with the help of Hermione and Ron..

Only after reading the book, I will watch the movie. I used to have my own set up of imagination of the scenes and character appearance which are total contrary in movie. I had felt Dumbledore, Snape, Weasely twins, Cedric, Hagrid, Dobby, Neville were all real characters. I used to ask Sruthilla to be like Hermione, a smart bossy clever witted girl.

My sister was carrying when I started reading the first part of Harry. Due to Harry’s influence I used to nag her to deliver a baby boy. When I completed the final book of Harry series, she delivered boy baby. On hearing the good news, Sruthilla and me first said is: Hei…Harry Potter poranthuttan…I was interested to name him something that sound like “Harry” or atleast to be the first letter to be “h”. But astrologically he named as “MRIDHUL”.

Rowling had introduced many fictional animals in the book like centaur, hippogriff, phoenix, basilik, fang, unicorn, thestrals, dragons etc.. Characters like house elves, goblins, dementors were all beyond imagination. She had used a number of magical objects in the story. Few of which amazed me is the Pensive – a method of storing memory, the portkey – to transport the wizards to their determined destination, Marauders map – which shows the complete passage of Hogwarts and the student movement,then the Poly juice potion – which transfers you into another person.

I was upset for Dobby’s death in the novel. I like the way the house elf speaks. The authoress had made brilliant interlinks between all books. All 7 books are interesting and worth reading..

I have all seven books in a pdf version. If anyone interested, comment me..will get you back…

1 comment:

My life is my lesson! said...

Hi Madhu,

Longtime.. :)
Well I loved the first Harry Potter book and the movie but since then I never tried reading the book and even saw any of the other movies. I always felt Harry Potter was too much of a fiction and that it is for kiddos..lol.. No offence.. :P..

So how are you??

Keep Blogging!